Monday, June 18, 2012

Ultrasounds

I had a baby doctor check up today (12 weeks now!!).  It should have been a short visit, quick with the heart monitor and all is good.  But after 10 minutes of not being able to find a heartbeat we were headed down to the ultrasound room.

There was a moment of standing in the room, alone, waiting for the doctor that I had to come to terms with the fact that this may not turn out well.

And so I took a deep breath and prayed- thank you that I have been able to carry the baby this far.  Thank you that this will be okay, even if it doesn't turn out like we thought it would.  Thank you for modern science that gives a shot at knowing better what's going on.

I want to believe that if it wasn't okay, if it was that what we were hoping was not to be the case, that I would still be able to sit and write something about thankfulness.  But I'm thankful today that I don't have to do that.  Thankful that when we turned on the machine, this is what we saw:

0 comments:

Post a Comment