Saturday, September 29, 2012

Safe Travels and Small Ankles

I'll admit, the last few weeks have not only seemed like race to the finish with trying to get ready to come to Brazil for the Great Cities Missions Continent Care Connection but it's also been a week of emotional ups and downs as I've questioned if coming on this long flight, this far along in my pregnancy is a good idea.

I'm thankful that over these two weeks LK has been supportive, and loving, and encouraging.  He never once made me feel like I had to go, but he always helped me feel like this is something I can do if I want to.  I'm thankful for such a wonderful partner on this road of life.

I'm also thankful I came.  It's just the team here right now, in a lovely hotel near Sao Sebastian Brazil in the state of Sao Paulo, and already I can see great ways God is blessing us.  I cannot wait to see the missionary women when they come on Monday.  I've come to bless them and offer them renewal but I know I will not be leaving without being filled by God's Spirit shared with me through these women.

So we have arrived safely at the hotel and not once on the flight did my feet swell (a big deal when you're almost 7 months pregnant) and not once did I feel uncomfortable or worried that something might be wrong with me.  The baby kept on moving and I even got some sleep! 

I'm thankful for my time here, and looking forward to getting to work!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment