Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Dad's Guitar

I was on hold until well past midnight Friday night getting an answer for a client, so this is Friday's thankful thought.

I stopped for no more than three minutes today to play Lumina- one of the first songs I learned to play.  I haven't picked up the guitar in months.  Probably the last time was to move it to the car when the likelihood of the house blowing away was nigh.  But I stopped today as I moved through the house dusting (yes, honey I do dust) and played.  Not for anyone, just for me. 

I need to take the time to play more, but that's a different post for a different day.  Today I'm simply thankful that I did stop.  Thankful that I took the time as I had it two years ago to learn something I always saw myself doing. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment