Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Travels

I was blessed to be able to go and hear Rick Steves speak tonight.  His book on Europe was our go to guide during free travel when I was living in Italy.  We nicknamed it "our boyfriend" because it was always with us.  His talk was good and affirmed many things I love  about travel.

I love watching other people when I travel.  I love watching how they approach life and problems and see how they handle those problems.  Often times I will think "hmm that's an interesting way to do it."  But I try not to think that they're wrong for doing it that way.  Just different.

His talk affirmed my love of new cultures and learning about new people and places.  How my favorite place to travel to is the next place I'm going because there's something to be learned, something new to be experienced.  (A good reminder to get me geared up for Israel in T-8 days and counting)

And so tonight I'm thankful for all the travel I've been able to do.  From my first trip to Europe at age 12 to the many many adventures that followed. 

I'm so thankful for all the amazing travel I was able to do in college.  How I only spent one full year on campus and then was off every other semester to some study program or another after that.  And how while it did prepare me for the job as a travel agent that I would eventually have, more than that, it prepared me to see life differently.  Well, I mean I've always seen it differently, my mother will attest to that.  But I mean through the blessing of travel that I have had over the last (gasp) 20 years, I've met people, heard stories, tasted food, experienced life, and had amazing adventures. And I am extremely blessed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment