Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Mother of a Brunch and ...

I'm thankful for year # 8 of the family-wide brunch we call "A Mother of a Brunch."  It's been a fun tradition to get both sides of the family together and eat (and eat and eat) and laugh and be together and celebrate on the moms among us. 

Today I'm also thankful that God was faithful to my request.  I woke up at 7:20 with food still to cook before our 10am feast-call.  But the last week morning sickness has been so bad I didn't know how I would make it cooking while feeling pukey.  So I asked God- God, can you please let me not be sick this morning?  I'll be sick all night if you want, just get me through today.  And I'm happy to report that it's almost 10pm and there have been very few moments of even queasiness today.  Hooray!  I'm certainly thankful for that!

Oh and yes, I did say morning sicknesses.  Which means I'm thankful for one more very big surprise due to arrive December 31, 2012!



(ISH says the picture looks like a nostril!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment