Thursday, May 24, 2012

Small Victories

I wrote a few days back about my frustrating neighbor and how I'm trying to be thankful for her.  She's forbidden her kids from playing with mine now and it's so hard not feel like she's forming a hate-party when I drive by and see her talking to other ladies in the neighborhood (I know, get a grip right- I'm not that important). But it feels like she might be at least sometimes.

So I've been praying that if talking with her and trying to explain the misunderstanding would be helpful- for God to move in ways I've already seen him do so many times before- to orchestrate an opportunity where I can have that conversation with her.  So far- none has happened (and no, it's not because I'm holding up inside my house avoiding her-- God could fix that too if I was. And I know he would).

But today I was given two small victories in regards to her.

First- at the Y a lady from the neighborhood whom I've never met, that I know to be friends with my neighbor took the time to meet me.  (And nicely meet me at that- not as one meets the enemy in an effort to scout them out).  She introduced her kids to mine and we politely chatted.  I feel like it was God saying- even if she is talking--- not everyone will believe her.  Not everyone will even care for that matter.  (Again, I'm not that important. I know).

Secondly- my dog got out tonight.  She's a good dog, but she's also a stupid schnauzer without a sense of direction so when she's gone- she's gone.  But my neighbor's children- the ones who can no longer play with mine, got her for me and brought her home (well tried to anyway.  They at least cornered her and didn't let her get away).  They were kind and I was (and am) very thankful for their work in not letting her get away.  It seems like a small thing I'm sure, but I feel like it's God letting me know- this too shall pass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment