Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Mom and My Marriage

Thursday May 10- My mom.  I was talking with LK as my parents drove their 1.5 hours home from ISH's school performance having spent more time on the road round trip than time watching ISH, how amazing my mom is.  This isn't one of those socially obligated mother's day posts (that might come Sunday).  But it's one where I'm thankful that my mom takes the time to be actively involved in my kids' lives.  Whether that's 3 hours round trip for a 10 minute Sonshine School moment, or volunteering the their field day, or any of the wonderful ways she participates in their lives (and in mine) even with a bit of distance between us.  I'm thankful that she takes the time and thankful that she is willing to drive here to help make memories with them.

Friday May 11- My marriage.  11 years ago, a Friday actually, at 7:00pm the rain let up and the music started and I walked down the aisle to marry a wonderfully Godly man.  I'm thankful for the way LK encourages me.  For the way he spurs me on to be what God intended me to be.  For the way he supports me and helps me and wants me to succeed in my business.  I honestly couldn't do what I do without his help.  I'm thankful that he takes on the gross jobs at home, like cleaning the toilets and making the bed because he knows I like them done but that I don't want to do them.  I'm thankful that is a great father and a loving, and amazing husband.  I'm thankful for him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment