Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Past Three Days

Three days of thankfulness have past. So here they are. Over the past three days I have been thankful for ... That I was asked to be on the PTO board for the boys school this past year. I always feel like the 5 year-old in a room full of adults at things like that-- never really sure who thought it would be a good idea to bring this "kid" in here and let her start making decisions. But Thursday as I was addressing the PTO meeting and making comments on the budget I actually felt like a grown up. But more than feeling more like a big person, I'm thankful that I stopped making excuses and just got involved in their school and have been able to know people better. My friend Anne and that she texted and asked me to come visit. I'm thankful for a mother who is willing to watch the boys so I can go and for a husband who not only agreed that me going to see her would be a great thing but then quickly transferred the needed miles to my account so I can go see her. And again I'm thankful for Israel, but not for the experience so much this time but the lovely miles I earned by going that are allowing me to go and see my friend of ... eeek... almost 20 years!! Coffee with Aubrey today. Life circumstances brought us into a very unique bond that I'm thankful we have together. I'm thankful for the fun new adventures they are starting in their life and the way she graciously lends support for the adventures of mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment